Matar curry recipe (Green Pea Recipe)
Matar recipe is tasty and healthy as well, This recipe is best to serve with hot rice and Poori, so here we are from the winter kitchen of up and Bihar, Nimona is a green pea (Matar) curry. A favorite winter dish which is a good source of taste and health fulled with vitamin A and C, Potassium and Magnesium…another healthy and tasty recipe from Kitchen chicken-e-pandit
How to make green pea curry (Matar curry)
Preparation time: – 15 minute
Serving: – 4 person
- 350 grams of Green Pea(Matar).
- 4 Green Chilies.
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger.
- Pinch of Hing.
- 50 grams of coriander leaves.
- 1 tsp of jeera, bay leaves.
- Salt to taste.
- 2 tsp of oil.
- 2 tomatoes.
Method of preparation
- Blend tomatoes in miner grinder (do not over grind).
- Make a paste of coriander leaves, tomatoes, green chilies, Jeera together & keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai on medium flame, add bay leaves, hing & sprinkle jeera whole in oil when seeds crackle.
- Add the paste of coriander leaves and let the aroma come after 5 minutes on low flame.
- Add the green peas (matar) & fry till it becomes dry & leaving oil.
- Add half glass of water, cover the kadhai & bring it to the boil and cook for at least 5 to 7 minutes.
We can also call this recipe Nimona recipe
Note:-Potato pieces can be fried properly & added in Nimona for making it tastier
It can be served with Roti and Rice in winter. A good take away for your Lunch box also.. you can also try this