Litti chokha recipe
Litti choka the famous recipe from Bihar. It is a dough ball made up of whole wheat flour and stuffed with sattu(chickpea flour), mixed with herbs and spices and then roasted on the barbeque. Served with chutney and chokha (made up with roasted potatoes, brinjal, tomatoes, and fresh herbs and spices). This dish is often confused with a commonly know dish called Dal Bati, but it is a completely different dish in terms of taste, texture, and preparation. another recipe from chicken-e-pandit you can also serve it with Mutton Recipe if you are non-vegetarian
Ingredients for Litti
For the outer part of litti or bati
- 2.5 cups wheat flour
- 1 tsp carom seeds ajwain
- 3 tbsp of ghee
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 cup Sattu
- 5-6 cloves garlic grated
- 2 medium-size onion finely chopped
- 2 inch ” Ginger grated
- 4 Green chilies finely chopped
- ½ cup coriander leaves chopped
- ½ tsp kalonji onion seeds
- 1.5 tsp carom seeds ajwain
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 stuffed red chili pickle if not available you can use any pickle
- Salt to taste
Ingredients For chokha
- 3 medium-sized boiled potatoes
- 1 big brinjal
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes
- 5-6 garlic cloves peeled
- 3-4 finely chopped green chilies
- 1” piece of ginger grated
- 2 medium-sized onions finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped coriander dhania
- 3 tsp mustard oil
- salt to taste
How to make Litti Chokha
- Step 1 :
- Heat/stance the brinjal and tomato on gas by putting it on the stand until its totally cooked. Keep changing its side. After this is done remove the peel and mash the boiled potato, stance brinjal, and tomato, all three together.
- Step 2 :
- Add chopped onion, coriander leaves, garlic, and salt as per taste and few drops of mustard oil and then mix well. The chokha takes approx 15-20 minutes to get totally prepared/cooked.
- Step 3 :
- Now make a dough using wheat flour, ajwain, a bit of salt, and oil(ghee/butter or refined oil) . When the dough is ready, at first put the oven on preheat for 10 minutes at 180-degree power. Then take a Little amount( as of one chapati) for making dough balls and fill the prepared mixture of sattu in it and give it again a ball shape.
- Step 4 :
- Make approx 4-5 the same little and put it in the oven for 18 minutes on bake mode at 180-degree power.
- Step 5 :
- If you don’t have oven, you can cook it on a gas stove as well at least temperature until its cooked.
- Step 6 :
- Serve hot litti with tasty chokha. Note: Dip the Litti in hot ghee if you wanna make it rich.