Bhindi ki sabji best in taste almost everyone’s favourite. Tasty as well as healthy. We do not need much species(masala) in bhindi ki sabji. You can cook it with just salt, turmeric powder and coriander powder. I specially recommended you guys to please add Maggi masala in it, you will love it. recipe from kitchen chicken-e-pandit.
Bhindi ki sabzi
Bhindi is one of the normal and finest vegetables cooked in mostly every Indian home. You can serve it with tawa roti(chapattis), I liked it with Dal Chawal … it’s a very normal recipe cooked in north Indian homes. Please try ones at least make dal fry and basmati rice and serve with bhindi ki sabzi and especially on Sunday lunchtime you will love it.
- 500 gms bhindi/okra/ladies finger
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 slit green chillies
- 3 onions finely sliced
- salt – to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder/Haldi
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp roasted coriander seeds powder
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves/hara dhaniya
- Wash bhindi well with water, take a cloth and wipe it dry.
- Chop its head and tail.
- Cut the bhindi into medium round pieces.
How to make bhindi ki sabji
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add Mustard Oil.
- Once the oil is hot add Jeera seeds.
- When the Jeera seeds start spluttering add Onions and Green Chillies.
- Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add Haldi and mix.
- Then Add Bhindi and mix well so the Bhindi gets covered in the oil and onion mix.
- Add Salt, Lal Mirch, Coriander Powder, Aamchur and mix well.
- Turn gas on low and cook for 3-4 minutes, keep stirring every minute so the Bhindi does not stick on the bottom of the pan.
- Keep flame on low and cover the pan and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir.
- Cover again and cook for 2 -3 more minutes.
- Repeat this process 3 – 4 times until the Bhindi is cooked.
- You can eat one piece of Bhindi to check if it’s cooked.
- Also, you can taste the masala from the stir to check if you want to adjust the level of masala and salt.