Aloo Matar recipe
Aloo Matar recipe is tasty and healthy as well, This recipe is best to serve with hot rice and Poori I liked this so much with poori, so here we are from the kitchen of up and Bihar, Nimona is a green pea (Matar) curry.A favorite winter dish which is a good source of taste and health fulled with vitamin A and C, Potassium and Magnesium…another healthy and tasty recipe from Kitchen chicken-e-pandit. I don’t know actually this is Bihari recipe or not but I can say this surely that every Bihari knows the taste of the same recipe.
Preparation time: – 30 minute
Serving: – 4 person
- 350 grams of Green Pea(Matar).
- 4 Green Chilies.
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger.
- Pinch of Hing.
- 50 grams of coriander leaves.
- 1 tsp of jeera, bay leaves.
- Salt to taste.
- 2 tsp of oil.
- 2 tomatoes.
- 4 medium-size Aaloo(potatoes)
How to make aloo matar
- Boil Potatoes properly in a Pressure cooker (4-5 wrestle)
- Blend tomatoes in miner grinder (do not over grind).
- Make a paste of coriander leaves, tomatoes, green chilies, Jeera together & keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai (grindle) on medium flame, add bay leaves, hing & sprinkle jeera whole in oil when seeds crackle.
- Add the paste of coriander leaves and let the aroma come after 5 minutes on low flame.
- Add the green peas (matar) & fry till it becomes dry & leaving oil.
- Add chopped potatoes not fully chopped semi-chopped
- Add half glass of water, cover the kadhai & bring it to the boil and cook for at least 5 to 7 minutes.