Fish fry recipe
South Indians and Bengali’s fish fry recipe is so flavourful and delicious with Indian spices. It is an easy and simple fish recipe to make approx. in half an hour. check it out chicken-e-pandit fish fry recipe
One of the tastiest and healthy nonveg food mostly we take in dinner, fish fry as name as outer look very beautiful and tasty. I have another story with this recipe also. I liked fish recipes very much like fish curry and fish fingers(mostly in evening snakes or when I am watching a movie, you can also take it with beer I don’t drink but my friends like fish fingers very much with the beer they called it best chakra ever hahaha…) Let’s come to the point I am talking about fish fry I first tried it at the stall near my college he was Bengali so we generally called that recipe Bengali fish. Trust me this recipe taste is really yummy and the fish used in fish fry has less fishbone and when you fry it properly the fishbones will crunchy and less harmful so that’s why I liked it very much because of its taste and less fishbone in it.
Bengali fish :
Bengali style fish fry is more flavourful and delicious with Indian spices. Why we call it Bengali style because in our country Bengali people and Bengali fish is very famous. They eat fish and they cooked the most delicious fish you ever eat and also fish is good for the sharp mind so Bengali people are very intelligent as we all know, so here we are the tastiest healthiest and also good for the sharp mind the dish name is Fish fry.
SMART COOKING TIPS:
- Make the marinade separately instead of adding the spices directly on the fish. So that you can check for the salt and spice taste and adjust adding accordingly.
- Fry the fish in hot oil over a medium to high heat. This helps to make a crispy fish fry.
- You can add other seasonings like ginger garlic paste, onion powder, garam masala, and curry leaves.
- You can any variety of fish like salmon and catfish. If you are using frozen fish make sure to thaw the fish thoroughly before marinating.
- Wait until the bottom side of the fish becomes crispy before flipping to the other side. This helps to avoid the fish from breaking.
BEST FISH FRY:
fish fry generally famous from people who live near the sea like Bengalis and South Indians. and I also like their cooking method and their recipe taste.
Fish fillets are boneless, skinless and fleshy without scales that you can make a wide variety of recipes like a fish cutlet, fish fingers, fish curry, Fish fillets are available in almost all the grocery shops in both frozen and fresh. I always prefer buying tilapia and salmon fillets compared to other fish varieties. Since the fish fillets are boneless and skinless, it just gets cooked in a few minutes. Also, the fish fillets do not require much cleaning and easy to handle just in few minutes.
How to make fish fry:
- 3 lb FISH TILAPIA RAW
- 2 tbsp. RED CHILI POWDER
- 3 tbsp. CORIANDER POWDER
- 1.5 tsp TURMERIC GROUND
- 2.5 tsp LEMON JUICE RAW
- 2.5 tbsp. CORNSTARCH
- 0.5 cup of WATER
- 1 small cup OIL
- Salt to taste
- For the marinade- In a bowl add red chili powder quantity as mention, coriander powder, and turmeric powder, salt and mix properly. Add lemon juice and mix properly. Add water little by little and make a smooth paste of it.
- Cut the tilapia fillets into small pieces and apply the marinade evenly on the fish. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl add cornflour, water and make a thin batter it will good for it.
- Heat oil in a pan on high-medium flame and dip the marinated fish one by one in the batter and place in the hot oil carefully don’t fry yourself hahaha… Fry until the bottom side of the fish becomes crispy and looks golden brown. Flip gently and fry on the other side until crispy and golden brown.
- Line a plate with paper or napkins (tissue paper used in the kitchen). Remove the fried fish from the oil and place on the paper Tissue paper (this helps to absorb the excess oil from fish as we know fish already contains much oil in it so it better to remove some for our health purpose). Garnish with sliced onion and lemon if desired and serve with it and you can also have a beer with fish fry.
how can we serve a fish fry
I don’t know really other people’s taste most people serve it with Basmati rice when they cook with some gravy, I preferred Tawa Roti with dry fish fry.