Nutrients factors of Rasmalai
|Cooking time||30 minutes|
|Total Fat||13.1 g|
Rasmalai recipe is tastiest sweet this sweet is oriented from state west Bengal India. Rasmalai is upgraded version of rasgulla (This is not mention anywhere but this is my thought). Here you can learn how to make rasmalai at home by following this recipe tips.
With the festive season reaching its peak with Diwali, India’s most famed festival, all that we think is to celebrate and enjoy lip-smacking desserts. Let’s begin the festive spirit with this delicious, tried & tested Soft Rasmalai Recipe. Soft and spongy flattened paneer (cottage cheese) balls are soaked in thickened cardamom-saffron flavoured milk and garnished with nuts. Together, it creates a luscious treat with an incredible melt-in-your-mouth texture that will only leave you craving for more!! Ras malai – Ras literally translates to “juice” and Malai to “cream”.
Ingredients for Rasmalai
|o Milk 10 cups|
|o White vinegar 8 teaspoons|
|o Refined flour (maida) 1 tablespoon|
|o Cornflour/ corn starch 1/2 teaspoon|
|o For Syrup|
|o Sugar 1.2 kilograms|
|o Milk 2 tablespoons|
|o For Rabdi|
|o Milk 10 cups|
|o Sugar 6 tablespoons|
|o Saffron (kesar) a few|
|o Pistachios for garnishing|
How to make rasmalai
- Heat 2 litres toned milk in a pan.
- Switch off the heat when it comes to a boil.
- Add lemon juice.
- The milk will curdle immediately.
- Add 2 cups of ice cubes in the curdled milk immediately.
- Drain the curdled milk in a cheese cloth.
- Wash the cheese under running water to remove the traces of lemon juice.
- Hang the cheese cloth for an hour to drain all the whey from the cheese.
- Mean while, heat the full fat milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add saffron and cook on low heat till milk is reduced to half.
- Blend ¼ cup sugar and cashew nuts in a blender.
- Add in the reduced milk.
- Add rose water and cardamom powder and mix well.