Cooking tips and things to know about milk cake
|Cooking time||40 minutes|
|Total Fat||9 g|
Milk cake recipe
Milk cake recipe, one of the tastiest and healthy sweet, famous in India as well as in USA and UK, is fine-grained, moist, high-rising, and milky and creamy taste. It can be enjoyed in snacks or causally whenever we do like to eat, in all its buttery creamy glory, or paired with the icing of according to your choice — or fudge topping or thick caramel sauce. This recipe comes to us courtesy of chef Zeb Stevenson from Atlanta, who we’re proud to say uses our signature unbleached all-purpose flour in this delicious Milk cake.
History of milk cake
One of the first sightings of Milk Cake was in 1911, but it continued to grow in popularity due to its simplicity and healthy because it have no use of oil in preparation. It really became a well-known recipe during the some Depression, where modest food had to stretch to feed hungry homes, and every last drop of food was used and saved for peoples. Grandparents and parents had to make do with what they had, and often the last of the day’s milk was used to make this simple cake for special occasions
|o Milk 8 cups|
|o Alum 1/4 teaspoon|
|o Sugar 100 grams(find your sugar taste)|
|o Ghee 3 tablespoons|
|o 3 tsp pistachios, chopped|
How to make milk cake at home
- First, in a large thick pan heat milk.
- Heat the milk first high flame then on medium flame and keep stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Boil the milk until it’s became thick and half of the original milk.
- Put in side for further use.
- Take a cap, put 2 tsp water 2 tsp lemon juice and mix properly.
- Pour the diluted lemon water onto the milk keeping on low flame for some time.
- Furthermore, simmer for 2 minutes without stirring.
- Stir and allow the milk to curdle.
- Now add sugar 1 cup .
- Stir continuously and let the sugar dissolve properly.
- Remember to keep flame on as the milk splutters.
- Milk thickens and turns slightly golden or brownness.
- Also the milk mixture starts to separate pan.
- Now add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Transfer the milk mixture to greased steel vessel.
- Allow to cool in 12 hours or till they cool completely.
- Once it is cooled completely, separate the sides with the knife.
- Reverse and unmounted the cake.
- Finally, cut the sweet kalakand into pieces and garnish with chopped pistachios
Also try Rasmalai.