Lachha Paratha Recipe
Lachha paratha is crispy and crunchy made by a combination of wheat flour and maida generally we have it with some gravy type recipe, like chicken curry, Kadai paneer, etc. Lachha paratha what a crispy sexy name it is, Lachha paratha word make me quite hungry. another amazing recipe from chicken-e-pandit
Every time when I have a chance to go to restaurants I preferred a gravy chicken recipe so long time ago I just order lachha paratha with it just for try and I found the fantastic taste of lachha paratha with Kadai chicken. After that day this paratha is in my normal order list.
How to cook lachha paratha at home
After some time I realize that it will be best to cook lachha paratha at home, so here we are, I had followed some food bloggers sometimes seen cooking in my front How to cook lachha Paratha. And now I am giving tips on How to cook lachha Paratha.
Lachha paratha is very easy paratha only that you need to know the basics to make the layers. I tried to make lachha paratha last year myself after seeing some food bloggers post, it looked good but after some practice, I do make Perfect layers, so guys you just need to do some practice on this recipe because the making of perfect layers is important in lachha paratha.
- 2.5 cups whole wheat flour for 6 paratha quantity.
- 1/2 cup ghee
- Dry flour for dusting
How to cook Lachha Paratha
- Add the wheat flour in a large bowl (Parat) with salt to taste, add vegetable oil. Now, put inside the flour for at least 5 minutes until it turns into the soft and pliable dough with the help of water or milk if you want. Cover the dough with a cotton cloth and let rest for 30 minutes.
- After half an hour, make 6 round and smooth balls out of it. Roll it into a big circle and polish with oil on the surface. Sprinkle some salt, red chili powder(if you want) and carom seeds if you want to add. Roll it into a round of about 1/6 cm/1/8″ thickness.
- 3. The dough is ready to be layered. Start making fleets of the circle, once it is done, twist it to make a coil or rings.
- 4. The use of oil between the layers should save them from sticking.
- 5. Heat the griddle in between
- 6. Now roll the coil one last time and put some dry floor in it
- 7. Place the half made paratha on the griddle. The edges would start rolling up, slightly, smear some ghee letting it trickle under.
- 8. When both sides turn golden brown, serve them with hot gravy type recipe, chopped onion rings and chutney is a must.