Egg Fried Rice
Egg fried rice recipe is one of the best weeknight dinners around! It’s a homemade version of my favourite take-out classic. We all had that ham fried rice growing up but move over ham because the Egg variation is 100 times better!
The whole family will love this protein-packed, hearty Egg and brown rice combo.
The BEST Egg Fried Rice Recipe
Volume 0%t Up
This Egg fried rice will easily become one of your go-to dinners! It’s easy, it calls for basic ingredients, it’s hearty and filling and it’s perfectly flavourful.
Plus it’s quick to make and clean-up is a breeze. It also makes perfectly delicious leftovers if you are lucky enough to have any left, or make it ahead for meal prep for the next couple of days.
It’s also an easy recipe to customize and swap out with another protein and you could even add in other vegetables.
What Ingredients go into Egg Fried Rice?
- Brown rice – leftover rice from the day before works best. White rice will work great here too.
- 2 Eggs – You have fry 2 eggs and put it in a separate bowl for further use.
- Sesame oil – this oil is very strong and a little goes a long way. This ingredient adds lots of flavour to this dish.
- Mustard oil– This is used for sautéing (along with the sesame oil so you won’t use too much of that and sesame oil on its own has a low smoke point).
- Fry peas and carrots blend – I like to use the fried vegetable here to save time, but fresh will work too you’ll just have to longer so they’ll become tender enough.
- Onions – feel free to add more onions to taste.
- Garlic – only use fresh garlic here for best flavour.
- Eggs – you can add 2 eggs here to stretch the recipe a bit, you can stir in a bowl with a fork first then add to the skillet, If you are vegetarian no need for this step your fried rice will amazing without adding Eggs in your recipe.
- Soy sauce – if you have regular sodium soy sauce that will work too, just start with 2 tbsp. and add more if needed as per your taste.
How to Make Egg Fried Rice
- In a large non-stick wok or skillet, heat 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil and 1 1/2 tsp of the mustard oil over medium heat.
- Add Egg paste, season lightly with salt and pepper and saute until Fry through, about 4, 6 minutes.
- Transfer Egg to a plate or a piece of foil and set aside.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat, add remaining 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil and 1 1/2 tsp canola oil.
- Add peas and carrots blend and green onions and saute 2 minutes, then add garlic and saute 2 minutes longer.
- Push vegetables to edges of the pan.
- Add eggs in the centre and cook and scramble until just set.
- Return Egg to skillet along with rice.
- Add in soy sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss everything together and serve warm with Manchurian. Find How to cook Manchurian??