Benefits of Dhokla and thing to know
|Preparation time||10 minute|
|Making time||20 minute|
Dhokla recipe is one of the most loved Snacks that are traditional dish from Gujarat. The recipe, Dhokla is sweet and sour in taste made using Besan, Semolina with colorful chili tempering. You can enjoy Dhokla as breakfast as well as a light snack in the evening.
|1. 1 Cup of Gram flour (Besan/ Chickpea flour).|
|2. 1 Tablespoon Semolina (Sooji /Rava).|
|3. 1 ½ Teaspoon Lemon Juice|
|4. 1 Teaspoon ENO (Fruit Salt).|
|5. 1 Teaspoon Crushed Green Chili Ginger.|
|6. ¾ Cup of Water or as Required.|
|7. 1/4 Cup of Curd (yogurt).|
|8. 1 Teaspoon Oil (For Greasing).|
|9. ½ Teaspoon Salt or to taste.|
|10. 1 pinch of Turmeric (optional).|
Ingredients For Tempering
|1. 2 tablespoons cooking oil.|
|2. 11 to 15 Curry Leaves.|
|3. ½ Mustard seeds.|
|4. 1 Tablespoon Sugar.|
|5. 4 Green chilies Slit lengthwise and Cut into halves.|
|6. One pinch of Asafetida (Hing).|
|7. 1/2 Cup of water.|
|8. Half cup of water|
How to make dhokla step by step:-
- making of dhokla first take a Glass bowl and add all ingredients:- Gram flour, Semolina, Lemon juice, Curd, Salt and Green Chili-Ginger paste in it. Add water and mix them properly into smooth Batter with medium thick consistency.
- Add Fruit Salt (ENO) in Batter and stir the batter in same direction for 1 min. or till batter is Ferment. Now Batter is ready for steam.
- In the Steamer, Take water and boil it. Grease the Plate (Utensil) with oil. Pour the prepared Batter in Greased Plate and cook for 15- 20 minutes.
- After cooking check the Dhokla with Knife by inserting it inside, if the knife comes clean, means Dhokla is cooked properly, otherwise cook for another 2-3 min. Now remove the steamer from the gas stove & let them cool.
- Turn the plate and take the Dhokla in another plate from other side.
- Heat a pan with 2 Tablespoon of oil over moderate flame, when oil heat properly, add mustard seed. When Mustard seed crackle, add Curry leaves, Asafetida and vertically sliced Green chilies & Sauté them well.
- Now add ½ cup of water in pan and after boil add Sugar, squeeze ½ Lemon in it and bring it to boil and let it cook for 1 min.
- Tempering is ready; Pour it over cooked Dhokla until each Dhokla is coated well.
Garnish the Dhokla with chopped fresh Coriander Leaves and Grated Coconut.
Cut it in to Pieces and Serve with Green Chutney.