Things to know about Paneer recipe
|Preparation time||10 minutes|
|Making time||20 minutes|
Chilli Paneer recipe
Chilli paneer recipe Restaurants style make at home. Indo Chinese cuisine is the adaptation of Chinese seasoning and cooking techniques to Indian tastes through a larger offering of vegetarian dishes. It was basically developed by the Chinese community that settled down in the Eastern states of India. With an enormous number of mouth watering vegetarian dishes, it is one among my very favourite cuisines.
There was a time in my life when I would place an order in a restaurant without any second thoughts and even without looking at the menu. It would be always Butter Naan and Paneer Butter Masala. That is basically because I love Paneer so much. How would it be when both my loves combine ? It would be surely a party in my mouth. That is exactly what Chilli Paneer brings to the table.
|Paneer – 200 grams cubed|
|Onion – 1 large peeled and cubed|
|Capsicum / Bell Pepper – 1 large cubed|
|Garlic – 6 fat cloves chopped finely|
|Ginger – 2 cm piece chopped finely|
|Green Chilli – 3 cut in diagnols|
|Salt to taste|
|Sugar – 1 tsp|
|Ajinomoto a pinch (optional)|
|Tomato ketchup – 2 tblspn or to taste|
|Red Chilli Sauce – 1 tblspn (or paste) or to taste|
|Green Chilli Sauce – 1 tblspn or to taste|
|Soy Sauce – 2 tsp or to taste|
|Vinegar – 1 tsp or to taste|
|Chilli Powder – 1 tblspn|
|Spring Onion a handful finely chopped|
Ingredients for frying Paneer
|All Purpose Flour / Maida – 3 tblspn|
|Corn Flour / Corn Starch – 6 tblspn|
|Salt to taste|
|Sugar – 1/2 tsp|
|Pepper Powder – 2 tsp|
|Soy Sauce – 1 tsp|
|Water as needed|
|Oil – 4 tblspn for frying|
How to make Chilli Paneer
- Make a semi-thick paste with the ingredients for marinade.
- Dunk the paneer pieces in and let them soak in the marinade.
- Add 3-4 tbsp oil in a pan and shallow fry the paneer pieces, turning them over when the sides are brown.
- Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, add chopped onions, green chillies, and capsicum.
- Cook until the onions turn transparent, about 2-3 mins.
- Next, turn the flame to high and add soya sauce, green chilli sauce, ginger garlic paste, sugar and tomato paste.
- Stir-fry on high for about 30 seconds until well blended and turn the flame to medium-low.
- Add the fried paneer cubes and the cornflour-water paste. Taste and adjust salt (since the sauces will have salt).
- Stir and cook for another 3-4 mins until the sauce comes around and thickens due to the cornflour.
- Serve Chilli Paneer steaming hot as an appetiser and Chutney