Besan Ka Halwa recipe is one of a traditional sweet dish cooked in Indian homes, mostly in north India and Punjab… besan ka halwa used in Pooja and fast as well this halwa is pure for pooja purpose, not only it’s the best option for evening snakes for the whole family… this recipe is very tasty and healthy as well. recipe from chicken-e-pandit.
Gram Flour in Hindi
Gram Flour in Hindi Besan generally is known as chickpea flour or Gram Flour made from chickpeas is used extensively for its health and beauty properties.
Many of you have probably used it externally since besan is a great exfoliant. It has great benefits too when taken internally.
The flour aids in digestion, and is therefore used in many Indian preparations such as Dahi Wale Ghatte, Besan Ke Ladoo, and Badami Besan Doodh.
This recipe combines ghee and milk in a thick, creamy sweetness that is made for festivals like Holi and Diwali.
When consumed during fasts and pujas, it can satiate the hunger for many hours. Just like Suji ka Halwa, this halwa is also a treat to make for special occasions.
Besan halwa is also given in pregnancy and besan ka halwa for cold is a sure shot remedy to cure the severest of cold.
I usually make it a little thinner when making it as a medicine. Here is how to make it.
- 1 cup coarse besan (gram flour)
- 1/2 cup clarified butter (ghee)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder (ilachi)
- 2-1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp almonds (sliced)
Method: How to make besan ka halwa
- Heat ghee in a thick bottom pan or wok.
- Add besan to the pan. Fry until the besan starts turning golden yellow in color and gives out a nutty aroma. 10-15 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add milk slowly and keep stirring the besan thoroughly so that it doesn’t form lumps.
- Add sugar. Continue cooking and stirring the paste. By this time, the besan would start thickening and begin to stick to the spatula.
- Stir in cardamom powder, almonds, and pistachio. Continue cooking and stirring until the halwa thickens, enough to start forming a loose ball. Once the halwa starts leaving the sides of the pan and begins to separate ghee, it’s cooked through.
- Garnish it with more nuts. Serve hot.