Mutton Rogan josh recipe
A nonvegetarian delicacy native to the beautiful land of Kashmir Mutton Rogan Josh is the perfect blend of exotic spices such as Kashmiri chili, cinnamon, and cardamom and the rich flavors of tomato puree and cashew nut paste.
Another amazing recipe from kitchen chicken-e-pandit
To make Mutton Rogan Josh, add whole garam masala and the sliced onions to heated oil and sauté until the onions assumer a lovely golden-brown color. Next, the mutton needs to be added and sautéed on high heat for 5 minutes for the water content to drop off before adding the ginger garlic paste, reducing the heat and adding cumin powder, chili powder, and coriander powder and sautéing it on medium heat.
Tomato puree and cashew nut paste goes in next, which is to be sautéed till the oil separates, and water (3 cups) is to be added after that to cook the mutton until it is completely done. For the final stretch, the yogurt needs to be whisked before adding it to the butt
Next, the cinnamon powder and garam masala need to be added and the mixture needs to be allowed to boil when it is to be removed from the heat immediately. Garnish with chopped coriander!
Garam Masala Poweder
How to make mutton Rogan josh
- 3 tbsp ghee or unsalted butter
- 1 kg mutton, cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 onions, finely sliced
- 3 tomatoes, pureed
- 1 cup double cream
- 2 tsp. garam masala
- 2 tbsp. chopped coriander leaves
- salt to taste
METHOD FOR MAKING MUTTON ROGAN JOSH RECIPE.
- Heat ghee or butter on a pan on medium heat and add the onions. Fry them until translucent. Do not over fry the onion as they might get burned when cooking the mutton.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes or till the raw smell vanishes from it.
- Add mutton and fry till brown. The onion will be dissolved by the time the mutton is cooked.
- Lower the heat and add cumin, garam masala, coriander powder, turmeric, red chili powder. Stir and fry for 30 seconds.
- Now add the tomato puree, stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add I water and salt and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer until the meat is tender and done.
- Mix in the cream gently and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with naan or any kind of Indian Bread or Rice.