Mutton Biryani recipe
Delicious mutton biryani made Indian Hyderabadi style. You will forget chicken biryani if you taste Mutton biryani once .It taste so delicious and it and you can cook so easily at home by following my cooking tips . serve it with raita or Chutney (learn how to make chutney).
Ingredients for mutton
|Mutton cleaned and washed well||500 g|
|Ginger garlic paste||3 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder.||1 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||2 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1 tsp|
|Whole Garam Masala||1 Bay Leaf, 2 Cardamoms, 3 – 4 Cloves, 1 Piece of Cinnamon|
|Chopped Fresh Coriander Leaves||50g|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Caraway seeds shahi zeera||1 tsp|
|Green cardamom powder elaichi powder||1/2 tsp|
|Black pepper corn powder||1/2 tsp|
|Mint leaves||1large bunch|
|Deep fried onions||1cup|
|Extracted lemon juice||2 tsp|
Ingredients for Rice
|Cinnamon sticks||2 Medium|
|Caraway seeds||1 tsp|
|Black pepper corns||4,5|
|Water||According to rice quitenty|
|Lemon extracted juice||1 tsp|
How to Make Mutton biryani step by step
- Mix the red chili powder, coriander powder, salt, tomato, yogurt and ginger garlic paste to the mutton pieces and set in side for at least half n hour.
- Heat oil/ghee in a large pan and add the bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon sticks, cardamom, shahi jeera and green chili and fry it
- Add onions and fry till its trun into golden brown in colour.
- Add the marinated mutton to the onions and cook till mutton is done and the oil start leaving the sides of the pan.
- Mix in the lemon juice, coriander leaves/cilantro and mint leaves. Switch off the flame and set aside this yakhni while you get the rice ready.
- Boil sufficient water in a large vessel to cook the rice. Add salt and a tbsp of oil to the water. The oil helps to keep the rice seperate. Add rice to the boiling water.
- Cook rice to 70% (This step is absolute crucial. Do not leave the kitchen at this point. If you don’t know how to identify the cooking of the rice. See notes below).
- Add rice to the yakhni. Do not mix. Spread a tbsp of ghee on top of the rice.
- Cover with foil and close the lid. The foil do not let the steam escape.
- Place on a tawa on cook on low heat for 15 minutes. If you do not have a tawa, cook on low flame for 10 minutes. (see Notes)
- Mix the rice and gravy gently before serving. Serve hot with Raita or bagare baingan
Additional Step to make Mutton biryani
- To cook the rice perfectly, bring the water to a boil, add rice. When the water starts boiling again, cook for another 5 minutes. This absolutely depends upon the quality of the rice. When you press the rice between your fingers, it shouldn’t feel like a grain or feel cooked. It is somewhere in between. It is half grainy.
- When you cook on a tawa, the bottom doesn’t get burnt.