Laal Maas recipe
Mutton Laal Maas is one of the best delicious mutton recipes you have ever taste. Basically this recipe is very famous in Rajasthan India. Marinate in ginger garlic paste, yogurt, turmeric, and red chili powder. It is meant to be fiery which is made with the combination of Kashmiri chilies and other popular spices from Rajasthan. You can serve this hot spicy curry along with rice and chapattis.
What is laal maas
Rajasthani Laal Maas is a tastiest meet. I am writing another famous recipe from kitchen chicken-e-pandit, this is very different recipe from the chicken curry the maas or meat used to be the with bones, this dish is a little spicy or says it used to be cooked spicy. Because it’s cooked by Rajasthani chilies and Indian species so we can say that this dish
- 1kg Mutton cut into 1-inch pieces
- 7-8 Kashmiri red chilies soaked
- 150-gram yogurt
- 1.5 teaspoons Cumin powder
- 1.5 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoons ginger garlic paste
- 5 tablespoons ghee
- 3 black cardamoms
- 4-5 green cardamoms
- 2-inch cinnamon
- 3-4 Cloves
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 5 medium onions finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- coriander sprig for garnishing
- lemon wedges for garnishing
- 3-4 pieces charcoal
How to make laal maas
- Heat the pan add mustard oil in a griddle and add whole garam masala and saute them until they turn aromatic.
- Add onions and green chili and mix well. Saute them until the onions turn golden brown. For this recipe the onions should be caramelized.
- After the onion turns its brown color add tender meat sort the meat till it loses the water from it.
- Now add the ginger-garlic paste to the meat mix it well and let it cook at least for 10 mins to release all the raw flavors.
- In the next step add salt and turmeric powder to the meat and mix well
- Then cover the lid and keep the flame low and let it cook for another 10 minutes until the oil oozes out from the meat.
- Then add coriander and cumin powder, meat masala powder and mix well. This masala powder also is blend with the meat flavours. So the process needs a low flame and the cooking should be done slowly.
- Add beaten curd to the curry while it is in the low flame mix well.
- Now and Kashmiri red chili paste which is soaked at least for 3-4 hours and blend it into a fine paste. After adding the chili paste let the curry cook for 20 minutes so the red chili paste will mix with the curry.
- Check once in the meanwhile and mix it again and add water and cook until the meat becomes soft
- Then finally desi ghee of 3 to 4 spoon and mix well cover it with lid and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Now add chopped coriander leaves and serve the hot Laal Maas with rice or roti or chapati