Health Benefits of Turmeric(haldi)
|Health Benefits||Reduce cancer possibilities|
Haldi, commonly called Turmeric, occupies an important position in the life of Indian people in as much as that it forms an integral part of the ritual, & Cuisine. It is very good medicine against poisons.
Most of the synonyms of Turmeric like ‘Haridra’, ‘Kajani’, ‘Varna’ ‘Haldi’ etc. are attributed to its yellow color & its property to impart this color to other stuff. Known by the scientific name ‘Curcuma Longa’, this species comes from a rhizome belonging to the same family as Ginger.
Haldi In English
Haldi meaning in English is Turmeric, but in Indian languages haldi name is vary in different places like some called it Haridra, Kajani, Varna, and Haldi as well.
The primary active ingredient in this yellow spice is “Curcumin” an antioxidant & natural anti inflammatory. In additional to giving the spice its characteristics golden hue, Curcumin is responsible for most of the health benefits.
Not only in health and food use. In Indian
religion Haldi is very subh(Lucky or good) and also good for skin so in indian
marriages there is one ceremony name Haldi ceremony, in this ceremony
turmeric paste applied to groom and bride for their future happiness.
Turmeric is an aromatic, germicidal, antiseptic, carminative, stimulant tonic & reduces poisonous effect, so it is good for indigestion, skin diseases, poisonous bites, and because of its bitter pungent taste & hot-virya & pungent vipak, it balances kapha & pitta & improves skin complexion.
Come of the top health benefits of Turmeric are:-
- Fights inflammation on molecular level.
- Prevents oxidative damage.
- Improves brain health & Functions.
- Reduces risk for health disease.
- Helps prevents & Treat Cancer.
- Reduces Arthritis pain.
- Improves mood.
- Fight against Chronic Disease.
There are some home remedies which are beneficial:-
- Oral administrations of ½ gm of Turmeric + 15 ml of gooseberry juice & 15 ml of guduchi in the morning, which helps to control Diabetes.
- The Rhizome & Leaf of Turmeric can be taken internally or applied externally will help to improve complexion.
- Oral administration of Turmeric powder found to produce significant relief in case of Tamak Shvas (Asthama).
- Turmeric Powder paste treats sprain & inflammation.
- The Powder of Turmeric is used for doing the herbal smoking in order to remove the toxins & kapha.
- Fresh Rhizome is grinded cream oil & can be applied externally in case of painful nail or nail infection.
- The oil prepared using juice of Turmeric, mustard oil & Turmeric paste can be used for putting inside the ear in conditions like pain, pus or wax in the ears.
- A paste of Turmeric, clove or with neem is used to cure ringworm, obstinate itching, eczema, & other parasitic skin disease & also in chicken pox.
- Formulation like Nalpamaradi & Jatyadi contains Turmeric.