Tawa chicken recipe:
As amazing this recipe name is as amazing its taste is, its name Tawa chicken because this recipe properly cooked on Tawa (griddle) or say it will properly fry on Tawa that’s why its also called as Tawa chicken fry, year ago I was used to this dish one Tawa chicken wala put a stall near my college hostel and we friends daily eat one one plate in winters specially because Tawa chicken is little spicy you can’t have it daily in summers, after seeing him daily how he is cooking Tawa chicken I also learned in the same way as he was cooking. And I am going to tell you guys
how to cook Tawa chicken
Tawa Chicken Fry is a popular chicken recipe that is a must-have in most parties and weddings in North India especially in Delhi. Shallow fried on a girdle, this chicken recipe is not just easy-to-make but hugely tempting and goes well with naan and paratha.
Tips how to cook Tawa chicken fry
- 1. 500 gm chicken
- 2. roasted chickpea flour or besan 2 tbsp
- 3. curd half tbsp
- 4. Ginger paste 1 tsp
- 5. Garlic paste 1 tsp
- 6. Roasted cumin powder 1.5 tsp
- 7. Roasted coriander powder 1.5 tsp
- 8. Red chilly powder 1.5 tsp
- 9. Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- 10. Oil 3 tbsp.
- 11. Coriander leaves
- 12. Green chilly
Method how to fry Tawa chicken
- Put oil in a large wide iron griddle, and set over medium heat. Put in cloves, cinnamon sticks, and cardamom pots. Sauté until spices start to sizzle then add onions. Sauté onions until they are golden brown in color.
- Add Dhana jeera, salt, chilies, garlic, ginger, cayenne, turmeric, lemon juice, and methi leaves. Cook for a minute. Put chicken pieces and stir.
- Cover lid and lower heat to medium-low. Cook, turning pieces occasionally until all the juices released by the chicken disappear and chicken is golden brown in color. Add tomatoes and cook for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Take griddle off heat. Sprinkle with gram masala and cilantro.
- Serve it with tandoori roti or Tawa roti or rumble roti