Punjab chicken recipe:
When we are talking about Punjabi food we are talking about spicier more tadka(the famous Punjabi word they used in cooking terms) I do always love Punjabi food, but here we are talking about chicken recipe in Punjabi style, trust me any chicken dishes cooked in Punjabi style their taste will blow your mind completely, today I am going to tell you how to cook Punjabi chicken.
Punjabi chicken curry
I know you guys are thinking that what will be different in chicken curry, chicken curry is common as we all cook, but trust me chicken curry in Punjabi style will surely different in anyways, while we are talking about taste or look wise everything is different from normal chicken curry. Let’s come to the point I know I waste lots of time just talking about the difference between normal and Punjabi style of cooking hahaha…
How to Cook Punjabi chicken curry
- Chicken skinned and cut into 1-inch pieces on the bone 1 kilo-grams
- Ghee 4 tablespoons
- Oil 1 tablespoons
- Bay leaves 3
- Green cardamoms 4-5
- Black cardamom 2
- Cinnamon 2 inch stick
- Cloves 4-5
- Black peppercorns 4-5
- Onions chopped 4 large
- Ginger paste 2 tablespoon
- Garlic paste 1 tablespoons
- Red chili powder 2.5 teaspoons
- Coriander powder 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Tomatoes chopped 3 large
- Salt to taste
- Yogurt whisked a half cup
- Garam masala powder 2 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 1 tablespoon
Method Cooking Process or tips
- Heat the oil or ghee in a non-stick pan, add the bay leaves in the pan when oil is sufficiently heated, both cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves, peppercorns and onions and sauté till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, coriander powder, and turmeric powder and sauté for two to three minutes on medium or high flame. Add the tomatoes and salt and sauté for three to four minutes on medium flame.
- Add the chicken pieces and sauté on high flame for five minutes, or till chicken looked completely mixed in gravy. Add the yogurt and sauté for 10 more minutes or till almost dry.
- Add two cups of water and mix well. When the mixture looked cooked(when chicken released their internal water, it looks dry), cover and cook till the chicken is almost done.
- Sprinkle the garam masala powder, mix well and cook for two to three more minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with the coriander leaves after cooking done and cover it and put it on rest for 10minute.