kadai chicken recipe
Of course, you are a chicken lover, 100% chances are that you are already a fan of this popular non-vegetarian recipe. Kadai Chicken is a flavorsome chicken curry that is made using a blend of authentic spices mixture. The chicken is nicely cooked and is soft and tender. The surprising factor if this chicken recipe is the masala, which is prepared using aromatic and delicious spices that make the dish flavourful. Each chicken piece is coated with this masala throughout which makes taking a bite into the chicken pieces a wonderful experience in itself. Kadai Chicken is a recipe that will instantly make you feel like royalty because of its rich taste. It is a good way to treat your friends who crave chicken every day of the week. You can even make this Kadai Chicken for a dinner you are planning to host for your friends and family. This main dish recipe can also be served for a potluck, anniversary or any other special occasion. Kadai Chicken is usually served with tandoori roti or butter naan with a drizzle of butter on top. It can make any of your meals feel special and royal. It can be easily made at the comfort of your home such that you no longer need to order it off of the menu of a restaurant. This delicious dish can make anyone want to skip their trip to the restaurant and stay at home. So, channel the inner chef in you and put your knowledge of flavors to the test. We are here to help you by providing you with these simple steps that will guide you all along the way. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family once you have tried it yourself. another recipe from chicken-e-pandit.
- 500-gram chicken bone/boneless ( I preferred boneless most of the time)
- 2/3 tablespoon coriander seeds ( I preferred 2 tablespoons)
- 2/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds ( I preferred 3 tablespoons)
- 3 sliced onion (I preferred 3 sliced)
- 2/3 tablespoon ginger paste (I preferred 3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (I preferred 2 spoons in 500 gram and 1 spoon in 250 gram)
- 1.5 teaspoon salt.
- 2/4 teaspoon spice mixture (Garam masala powder) (I preferred 2 spoons)
- 2/3 inch ginger ( I preferred 2-inch ginger)
- 1/2 cup milk cream or fresh Cream ( I preferred fresh cream)
- 5 tablespoon refined oil.
- 2/3 tablespoon kasoori methi powder ( I preferred 2 tablespoon Rub It before mixing)
- 3 sliced red chili
- 12 chopped garlic
- 4 chopped tomato
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mango powder (I preferred 2 )
- 2/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2 sliced green chili
- 2/3 cup Water
Kadai chicken is a perfect amalgamation of spiced chicken and creamy gravy. Here’s a simple recipe that will help you to cook this dish at home. Take a non-stick pan and roast the coriander seeds, once the seeds start crackling, remove and crush them thoroughly and keep it aside. Heat oil in a pan over a low flame, add red chilies and fenugreek seeds. Stir for a few seconds. Add the onions and increase the flame to medium. Cook till onions turn brown. Add garlic and stir.
Now add ginger paste, coriander seeds, red chili powder, and coriander powder. Add chicken pieces and cook for 5-8 minutes on high flame. Stir to blend all the masala with the chicken. Now add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes. Add salt, dry mango powder, and spice mixture (garam masala powder).
Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10 minutes till chicken is tender. Stir from time to time and add the tomato puree. Add the coriander leaves and cook for a minute. Now add the capsicum, tomato, ginger slices, and green chilies. Mix well and reduce the flame. Add milk and mix. Add water to make it semi-dry and cook for 2 minutes. Remove and serve hot with rice.