Health benefits and things to know about chicken tikka masala
|Preparation time||30 minute|
|Making time||40 minute|
|Occasion||Party and weekends|
Chicken Tikka masala recipe
Chicken tikka masala recipe is not easy to cook at home you need some extra kitchen tools that we can use while making chicken tikka masala. Like barbeque kit (for roasting chicken and other ingredients) this item is generally not available in everyone’s kitchen, I liked roasted chicken in this recipe but you and also make it in oven I am telling .
Cold lassi and chicken masala
Chicken masala with cold lassi(Drink made by yogurt, sugar and water or some dry fruits) make your day. This classic Indian dish but famous in all over the world mostly in united states, Germany, United kingdom then in India , but it’s actually not so easy to make at home or I can say first time it will take more time than after you can cook it easily. The only ingredient you might not have already have in your Kitchen is Indian Garam Masala(it is basically the Indian version of Chinese Five Spice powder).
- For the chicken:
|· 500g boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|· 1/2 cup plain whole-milk Greek-style yogurt and fresh Amul cream|
|· 3 tablespoons peanut oil|
|· 1.5 teaspoons lemon juice|
|· large clove garlic, minced|
- For the sauce:
|· 1.5 tablespoon ground coriander|
|· 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin|
|· 1 teaspoon ground cardamom|
|· 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|· 1 teaspoons paprika|
|· 1 teaspoon cayenne|
|· 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger (from 1-inch piece)|
|· 3 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter|
|· 2 large white onion, finely chopped|
|· 1cups canned tomato purée (see Cook’s Notes for a fresh-tomato alternative)|
|· 1/2 cup water|
|· 1/3 cup heavy cream or half-and-half|
|· 1 teaspoons kosher salt|
|· 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|· 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro plus additional sprigs for garnish|
How to make chicken tikka masala
- Making of chicken tikka masala , Put every ingredient for mixing in chicken like Boneless chicken breast, tamato, garlic, onion, yogurt, olive oil, garam masala(Indian spices), turmeric powder, cumin, paprika, salt to taste, cinnamon, ground black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. With a spatula, stir to combine everything and make sure the chicken is coated in a bowl very well.
- Gently place the mixture in the insert of the crackpot and add the two bay leaves.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on low (or 4 hours on high).
- When done, in a medium bowl, whisk together heavy cream and corn starch, then pour the mixture into the crockpot and gently stir. Let cook an additional 20 minutes to thicken up. Squeeze half a lemon over the mixture then stir to incorporate.
- Serve hot over basmati rice and brown rice.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.