Things to know
|Cooking time||30 minutes|
|Occasion||Evening snakes, Parties|
Chicken Manchurian Recipe
Chicken Manchurian is most amazing recipe famous in restaurants as a starter, this is Chinese recipe famous all over the globe mostly in India. Generally everybody liked it because it is made up of boneless chicken with chilli species and soya sauce. People use it in parties as a starter or as a snakes, this recipe is famous with drinks, people who like to drink use to preferred this recipe in bar snacks.
Ingredients for Manchurian
- 300gm boneless chicken
- 2 tbsp. corn flour
- 1 egg,
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1tsp. black pepper powder
- pinch of red chilli powder
- pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp. soya sauce
- 1tsp. ginger and garlic paste
Ingredients for Sauce
- 2 tbsp. chopped spring onions
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 2 tsp. tomato paste/puree
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. garlic
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup water or chicken stock
- 2 tsp. corn flour mixed with water to form a light paste
- 2 whole red chilli, slit
- 2 green chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- splash of soya sauce
- some spring onion for garnishing
How to prepare chicken Manchurian
- Follow the recipe tips and have all your ingredients on kitchen slap.
- Than, you’ll need to make a simple batter, then coat and fry the chicken until its color become golden brown.
- Than after, you’ll need to make dark sauce(use soya sauce).
- And then mixed properly both chicken and sauce.
How to make chicken Manchurian
Use large bowl, Mixed properly all mention ingredients chicken, egg, cornflour, plain flour, cold water and salt, mix well and put it in side for 25 minutes. The mixture should form a thick so when we fry chicken all the mixture ingredients stick with chicken, smooth batter that coats the chicken. Combine the ingredients for the sauce, except for the ginger-garlic and cornflour mixture, in a separate bowl and stir to mix.
Heat the oil in a wok to 200C. Fry the chicken pieces in batches for about 4 minutes per batch, until the batter is golden brown and the chicken just cooked inside. Drain on a wire rack. Skim and discard any batter pieces in the oil while the chicken is frying. Add the capsicum pieces to the oil and fry for about 2 minute until slightly softened.
Remove the oil from the wok, leaving about 2 tbsp. in the base. Add the ginger-garlic and spring onion white parts to the wok and toss for a few seconds until fragrant. Add the mixed sauce ingredients and bring to a simmer. Check the consistency of the sauce and add a little of the cornflour mixture, stirring until the sauce thickens. Add the chicken and capsicum to the wok and stir to coat in the sauce, toss through the spring onion greens and serve with fried rice.